Authority problem...

augusto bott augusto.bott at via-rs.net
Fri May 5 14:38:18 UTC 2000

Hi All...

I've posted this very same question about a month ago, but haven't caught no
answer (or lost it), couldn't find anything on the web again....

Here we go: I've setted up a bind server. It's a 4.0 freeBSD. When I run
NSLOOKUP, asking for:
>myowndomain.com

server: unassigned

Non-authoritative answer:
....(bla bla bla)....

1 - Why am I getting a non-authoritative answer from myowndomain.com (A
records) when I've setted all right on the NIC (for primary and 2ndary
servers)? I have an authoritative answer for otherdomain.com,
anotherdomain.com, etc...

2 - Why my server is unassigned? It has a host name, one primary domain, and
many other domains pointing to it's ip (A records - always same hostname)

Thanks for ANY help....

Augusto
augusto.bott at via-rs.net
P.S.: when replying, *please* reply also to augusto.bott at via-rs.net (my default