BIND8 & MySQL

chrismc at scrappy.primary.net chrismc at scrappy.primary.net
Mon May 15 21:30:48 UTC 2000

I don't think that much would be gained from exporting SQL to text files
that you couldn't do with some scripting.  Has anyone actually run SQL as
a backend to BIND ie. have named actually pull the queries straight as SQL
queries, or import the zone files straight from MySQL to BIND database
files (not text)?  I know someone has already created an interface to
manage your named.conf in MySQL, but I would like to manage the zone files
straight in SQL.  Any ideas wouyld be appreciated.

~Chris
UNIX SysAdmin