granitecanyon - unauthorized AXFR

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue May 16 03:45:05 UTC 2000

In article <8fp1cb$87s$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <ftheisen at my-deja.com> wrote:
>I am using granite canyon to host dns zone
>lisafrank.net ...  I made some modifications to
>the zone file and nslint says that it went
>through allright but it keeps coming back with
>bind error "unauthorized AXFR".  This has been
>happening for over a week, I've tried different
>configurations but it just won't go through.

"Unauthorized AXFR" doesn't happen when loading a zone file, it happens
later when a slave server tries to transfer it, so this doesn't really make
sense.  If it detected a problem with the zone file that's preventing it
from loading it, there *must* have been some earlier errors.

The zone file you posted looks fine.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA