findns error?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed May 17 17:06:31 UTC 2000

In article <890B12B8398AD211BC6100805FA784A20538386F at es04snlnt.sandia.gov>,
Cinense, Mark <macinen at sandia.gov> wrote:
>Cricket,
>
>	I got the right file, I think.  It's the reverse lookup file right?
>That is the only file that I found that was missing the trailing dot.  Any
>way I restart named, and now get this message the message file.
>
>	May 17 07:46:34 ns0 named[7010]: Zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa"
>(file	db.local): No default TTL	set using SOA minimum instead
>
>	This is what I have in that file.

You don't have a $TTL statement to set the default TTL.  We answer this
EVERY SINGLE DAY here.  It's also answered on the ISC web site -- it's the
very first thing on their "Configuration File Hints" page.

Suggestion to BIND maintainers: change that error message to contain a
URL to that web page :)

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA