Reverse DNS and RFC 2317

Gary Wardell gwardell at Yeshua.cc
Thu May 18 02:06:59 UTC 2000

Since we are talking about reverse zones, etc.

I am running a DNS, a web server and mail server each with several domains.

My upstream ISP says that their DNS isn't setup to delegate the reverse
zone for my IP block, 209.147.72.32/28 to me.  They also have almost none
of the class C that I'm in defined and seem reluctant to set mine block up.

Before I start pressing for something I don't need since every thing seems
to be running nicely right now.

Does the reverse zone really have to be setup and what might happen if it
isn't set up?

TIA,

Gary