8.2.2p5 for NT hanging?

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Sun May 7 06:24:44 UTC 2000

>Unfortunately, a couple days later it simply stopped responding.
>Stopping and then starting it from the control app got it working again.
>Next day it stopped again.  I rebooted this time.  After a while it hung
>again.  I found a precompiled version someone in this NG someone pointed
>to and installed it.  Same thing.  No rhyme or reason on how long it'll
>stay up.  Sometime it's days, other times it's hours.  I have a lot of
>logging on and the log file always seems to end several hours before it
>hangs.  Restarting bind resumes writing in the file, leaving the gap.
>
>I had been running 4.9.5 forever with absolutely no problems.
>
>Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I have one report of this BIND8/NT hanging pb from one of the people
who downloaded the BIND8 binary from my http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com site.

She had the pb on BOTH of her NT machines.  So I assume that she's loaded
something into her machines that kills BIND8 in pretty much the same
pattern you see.

In my experience, this is extremely rare and suggests that it's something
in the NT config (service pack level, system DLL's screwed up, and the
usual MS OS instabilities) rather than in BIND8/NT.

I would of course really like hear about any solution you find.

Len