Network Solutions Misery

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri May 19 16:03:06 UTC 2000

	I am glad to know I am not the only one who finds dealing
with Network Solutions difficult on good days.  Someone suggested
to call them and complain.  the last number I had for them
answers as "Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Union Local 72." None of
the copious market-speak and non information that passes for
their current web site says anything about water and sewer lines
and digging ditches, but I guess that's next week.  Why not?
It's not any less useful than what I find every time I look for
resources, there.  I remember when their web site was clean and
uncluttered and actually focused on the business of registering
domains and related topics.  Of course, I remember when there was
nothing but a ftp site and nice folks on the phone or via email
who would straighten out the little snarls that sometimes develop
in any large operation.

	There may still be nice folks, there, but they are
hard to reach when anything needs a bit of adjustment or
clarification.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Data Communications Group