Linux DNS and WinNT-Server

Marnix A. van Ammers marnix at marnix.com
Mon May 8 03:10:56 UTC 2000

So long as your clients know about both hosts and your Linux secondary name
server serves up all the domains that your clients are now getting from the NT
primary server, you should be OK.    Set up one of your clients to only know
about the Linux server, then see if it works OK with everything.

You didn't give all the specifics, so not sure if I'm answering the question
correctly.  You do need to add zone statements in the named.conf file in your
Linux server for the 1000 domains you host.

Viel Gluck,

Marnix A. van Ammers