secure dynmaic updates - almost

Abraham Ingersoll abe at honestabe.net
Tue May 23 00:02:27 UTC 2000

Greetings!

I'd like to use shared hmac-md5 secrets between a client machine sending
authenticated nsupdates and a server with the related allow-updates
{ key.; }; & server { key "secret"; }; configuration.

Has anyone besides the hard-core bind workers ever setup and used this?

I will follow-up with specifcs of my (close to working) setup if anyone
on the list can confirm that secure dynamic updates are even
possible with bind 8.2.2-P5.

(If you're curious, section 4, titled "Advanced Concepts" in the "BIND
version 9 Administrator Reference Manual" explains secure DynDNS setup.)

Thanks!