receiving mail from ISP

rbramblett at excite.com rbramblett at excite.com
Tue May 23 16:00:55 UTC 2000

I have a question about mail. I don't know if it is sendmail, bind
or RedHat problem.I am running a Linux RedHat 6.2 server with 2.2.14 kernel,
Sendmail 8.9.3. Until recently I have been hooked up to a ISP via dial up
modem. This modem has been on all of the time. It is starting to act flaky.
My ISP delivers mail to me, unknown what mail system they have. I also have
clients who I deliver mail to.

My question is this, my supervisor wants me to take the modem out of
the equation and go to a T-1 line that we already have in-house. How do I go
about that so that I can still receive my email to the current
address (anything)@fullerbrush.com. Every time I take the modem out  of the
loop I can't get mail sent to me at all. I have internet access but not
mail. I change the DNS to reflect it but don't know how it works for sure.

Anyy help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Ron Bramblett
Systems Administrator