bind 8.2.2p5 and rfc 2181 ?

Robert Weber Robert.Weber at Colorado.EDU
Tue May 23 22:50:47 UTC 2000

> > Has anybody had good luck with tying win2k active directory into bind 8.2.2
> > ?
> >
> > Duane Cox
> > dcox at coxnetwork.com

----------
Yes and no.  I set up a slave zone on our solaris server called
ad.colorado.edu.  Allowed updates from the master W2K server to get srv
records set up then made the solaris box master, turned off DNS on W2K then
set up some database building scripts that made the dynamic updates to the
ad zone from our centralized database.  The setup works and since W2K
server will only add ldap records if you turn off DNS there doesn't seem to
be a conflict between my scripts and what W2k wants to do.  I did have to
set

check-names warn;

in the named.conf but it functions fine.  The only problems are management
of the dynamic zones gets a little hary with our particular host management
system but it all depends on your setup.

							Robert Weber
							University of Colorado