DNS Pro's Can you Please tell me whats wrong....

dpaulus toosafe at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 06:12:41 UTC 2000

Hey Everyone,

Can anyone look at this file and tell me what I am doing wrong.
I am new to this DNS stuff. There seems to be a lot of different
views on how to set this thing up. The way it is now my Apache
wont see this zone and my email server is not working.

yrip.com.  IN  NS  ns1.granitecanyon.com.
yrip.com.  IN  NS  ns2.granitecanyon.com.

 ; RP records authorize others to submit zone changes
; from the email address in the first filed.
; the '@' is replaced by "."

yrip.com.  IN  RP ns.yrip.com. dp.yrip.com.

dp.yrip.com. IN TXT "David Paulus, NIC handle: DP3764"

;Adddress for the canonical names
;many emailers expect the name localhost to exist
;in a domain with this specific, reserved address.
localhost.yrip.com. IN  A 127.0.0.1

;IP address for zone of my domain
ns.yrip.com.  IN  A 216.240.170.158

;Aliases
www.yrip.com.   IN  CNAME  ns.yrip.com.
ftp.yrip.com.       IN  CNAME  ns.yrip.com.
;news.yrip.com . IN  CNAME  ns.yrip.com.
mail.yrip.com.     IN  CNAME  ns.yrip.com.

;MX records for email addressed to the zone itself
yrip.com.       IN  MX  10  ns.yrip.com.

THANKS,
David Paulus