bind and active directory.. ?

Duane Cox dcox at coxnetwork.com
Wed May 24 17:45:25 UTC 2000

HEY thanks a lot for your insite.

If you could..

We have the dns domain illicom.net which has several records, probably less
than 50 and some child domains as well, all running on bind.
I guess I might be a little confused, but I dont want illicom.net becoming
"the active directory domain" for windows 2000 because then
I would have to allow bind to update this zone dynamically WHICH would
result into bind rewriting the zone file in a format that I can't control...
not tab delemited, hard to follow and read etc. etc.

So I guess in my case the best thing for me to do is create a child domain
(right) and have active directory use this is its domain.. ?
Is everybody else doing pretty much the same thing? creating a child
subdomain instead of letting active directory use the subdomain ?
If so what has been some childs people have used?  NETWORK.domain.net,
AD.domain.net ?
I assume this will work right if both bind and active directory are setup
correctly.

Duane Cox
dcox at coxnetwork.com