sysquery: nslookup error

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu May 25 15:33:01 UTC 2000

Hi,

I've just browsed the archives of this list and I can see other people
with similar problems but haven't seen any useful answers yet...

Essentially I am running DNS for a tiny network but also dialup and want
bind to do DNS for the LAN at all times and DNS for the outside world
when I'm dialled up.

With 8.1.2 this was easy (no I wasn't listening on the ppp device) but I
thought in spite of trusting my housemates I should probably upgrade and
did the other day.

I now get lots of logs of "sysquery: nslookup error" when in the offline
configuration (essentially with the zone "." commented out).
When I am online and uncomment it and have access to the root servers
everything is fine.

How do I fix this?

I have found the line in ns_resp (IIRC) but I don't *really* want to
start commenting things out.

Any ideas?

Simon.

--
[ "Her name is Bambi?" - Scully                                        ]