secondary dns?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu May 4 19:02:02 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0005041257320.1865-100000 at balu>,
 <bufi at sch.bme.hu> wrote:
>Hello everyone
>
>I'm about to be a primary dns for a zone and i have to set the secondary
>dns too.  I'm getting errors outside zone... ignored.  I don't know how to
>include the secondary ns server, since it is in another domain.

You don't need the address of the secondary server in your zone file..  It
will be looked up in the normal way, by asking the futureco.hu nameservers.

>Do i need to set up futureco.hu as a separated zone?  If so, then how?

Are you supposed to be a secondary server for that domain?  If so, then
add:

zone "futureco.hu" {
  type slave;
  file "db.futureco.hu";
  masters { <address of primary server>; };
};

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA