Zone Transfer from a Slave

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu May 25 17:53:56 UTC 2000

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 05:46:11AM -0700, Cjrolfe wrote:
> I have a Redhat box setup to be my slave server to a Novell DNS
> server.
>
> Can anyone please confirm whether the slave server can perform a
> zone transfer to a second slave server, or does the second slave
> server have to point to the Novell DNS (Primary)
>
> Help is much appreciated
>
> Chris

It can.  The second slave server must request it of the first slave
server.  The first slave server must, of course, not be blocking zone
transfers from the second slave server.  It helps if the first slave
server has "also-notify" set for the second slave server.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B