BIND 9

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu May 25 18:51:58 UTC 2000

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 02:06:26PM +0200, Joerg Wendland wrote:
> Hi,
> I searched isc.org and related, but I didn't find any statenment if
> BIND 9 is going to support backend databases like mySQL or Postgres.
> Does anyone have this knowledge?

In <URL: http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind9.html>, you can read:
The feature requirements for BIND version 9 included:
Operational enhancements
- High availability and reliability
- Support for alternative back end databases

I had thought that David Conrad had elaborated on this in this mailing
list; but I don't find that in the ISC searchable archives, and I've
stopped keeping my own.  ;-}

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B