Okay, I cannot take it any more.

Marcus Kennedy kennedy_a at anniston-ancdf.army.mil
Fri May 26 03:16:25 UTC 2000

I have been working on this for over a week.  The Gov't boss said that I
had to create us a new domain, so I did.  I am having troubles
though.  The first thing is that I am not a full class C network.  I am a
branch of Cable One of Alabama.  This, I fear is part of my problem.  I
cannot determine if they have correctly broken me off in their DNS
server.  I have 5 (really 6) IP addresses:  24.116.15.217-222.  I
re-registered the domain ANCDF.ORG to two of these addresses 218 & 219.  I
have my primary DNS on 218 and my secondary on 219 with both having the
same information (I'm new to DNS, so if that is incorrect let me
know).  When I check my DNS servers with nslookup (set q=any) I don't see
a MX record.  I don't even see any of my A records.  Furthermore I don't
see any info about the refresh or my serial number.  What have I done
wrong?

thanks in advance for helping me out of my ignorance.

Andy

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: 127.0.0

@		IN	SOA	ancdf.org. postmaster.ancdf.org. (
				200005201	; Serial
				28800		; Refresh
				7200		; Retry
				604800		; Expire
				86400)		; Minimum TTL

			NS	ancdf.org.

1			PTR	localhost.

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: 24.116.15

@		IN	SOA	ancdf.org. postmaster.ancdf.org. (
				200005201	; Serial
				28800		; Refresh
				7200		; Retry
				604800		; Expire
				86400 )		; Minimum TTL

			NS	dns0.ancdf.org.
			NS	dns1.ancdf.org.

222	PTR	firewall.ancdf.org.
218	PTR	dns1.ancdf.org.
219	PTR	dns0.ancdf.org.
219	PTR	pmcsd2.ancdf.org.
219	PTR	ancdf.org.

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: ancdf.org

@	IN	SOA	ancdf.org. postmaster.ancdf.org. (
			200005201	; Serial
#
			8H		; Refresh
			2H		; Retry
			1W		; Expire
			1D )		; Minimun TTL
		NS	dns0.ancdf.org.
		NS	dns1.ancdf.org.
		MX	10 ancdf.org.
		TXT	"ANCDF Field Office"

localhost	A	127.0.0.1

ancdf.org.	A	24.116.15.219
firewall	A	24.116.15.222
dns1		A	24.116.15.218
dns0		A	24.116.15.219
pmcsd2		A	24.116.15.219

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: named.conf

options {
	directory "/var/named";
	qurey-source port 53;