DNS Config

epelletier at circle.com epelletier at circle.com
Tue May 30 12:27:31 UTC 2000

Warning: This may be a stupid question.

I've setup a nameserver that has primarily been used internally on our
LAN. However, it now may be accessed from the externally as well.

I would like to know if there is a way for certain records to resolve
differently depending on whether or not it's accessed internally or
externally.

For example, for a host that has a NAT'd address - 128.5.5.205/external
& 192.168.5.205/internal. When an internal host queries the nameserve I
would like it to return the 192.168.5.205 address, and when a external
host queries it the 128.5.5.205 address should be return.

Any help or ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.