Log questions, please help

Horacio Sanson G. hsanson at cableonda.net
Tue May 30 20:21:06 UTC 2000

Hi,

I was wondering where i can find out what all those log messages mean. I got a lot of "lame server messages", i know i can avoid this messages with a line in the configuration file but i wonder if those messages has to do with a problem in my DNS server. I got some messages about "ns_req: send to (ip address) connection refuse" where "ip address" is my secondary DNS server IP address, so i wonder what all this mean. Moreover i'd like to know if my DNS servers are working properly.

I think they are working since all the domains i manage are working, and they point to where they are suppose to but i have a little problem that is affecting me. Every morning when i got to work the DNS daemons are shutdown, and i have to do a "ndc  start" and i wonder why???  Any idea???  i have been studing the log files but can't find anything and why the BOTH servers shut down???

Please any idea is welcome

Horacio Sanson
Grupo de Comunicaicones
Cable Onda