Lame Server...no longer

michab iniquity at gmx.de
Thu Nov 2 04:23:38 UTC 2000

hi all...

to all who have read my problem with "Lame Server..." i have
restartet (ndc restart) BOTH nameserver.... now all domains
are loaded in ns0.ns0.de and also in ns2.ns2.de and there=B4s no
message like "name not one of our zones"... BUT... can
anybody tell me why THIS workes now... ?? perhaps the ns1
had wrong data loaded or what do u think ??

and i have another question.. what is better...

ndc reload each zone that has changed
ndc reload
or ndc restart ???

in fact we have nearly 10000 zones... and a restart would take=
 too
long in my eyes.... so my question... does it work with ndc=
 reload or
ndc reload [zone]... and what does ndc reload [zone] really do ??=
 (in
the background)...

thx !

-- michab, iniquity at gmx.de on 02.11.2000