BIND 8.2.2p5 owner name invalid

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Nov 2 18:23:34 UTC 2000

Yes, it's the underscore. BIND has taken upon itself the role of
enforcing strict RFC character-set restrictions. In BIND 8, you can relax
this somewhat with the "check-names" options (which may blind you to
other, more serious name problems). In the future, who knows? The best
thing is to formulate a plan to get rid of all the underscored names in
your database.

- Kevin