Working DNS configuration files

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Nov 3 22:08:28 UTC 2000

1. You have no zones of type "master". So how are you adding hosts "to the
local DNS"?

2. Given no master zones, what's the point of the "allow-update {}"?

3. Are the zone transfers from 128.0.19.1 and/or 128.0.19.8 actually
working? Are zone files created? What is named-xfer saying in the logs? Did you
reconfig, reload and/or restart the nameserver after you added the slave
definitions? Do the masters actually permit you to perform zone transfers from
them?

4. Are you really sure you want to write all of this zone data, dump files,
debug files, statistics files, etc. into the /etc directory?

5. Why be a slave for 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa?

- Kevin