(no subject)

Sabrina Fallorina sabrina_fallorina at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 20:34:42 UTC 2000

I downloaded BIND 9 (executable) on a Solaris 8 machine. I can't get it to
run. I copied my zone files from my old DNS server running an older version
of BIND 8.2.3 P5.. or was it 8.2.2 P5.

Is there something else I need to do to get it to run. I fixed my rc2.d and
/etc/init.d files to start upon boot. It won't start upon boot or manually.
It tries to start but I keep getting this error:

dns load failed.

I'm probably messing this up royally, maybe there are incompatibilty with
the old DNS zone files?