AXFR from BIND primary to Win2k secondary - known problem?

Mitchell Krog mitchellk at allafrica.co.za
Mon Nov 13 07:15:40 UTC 2000

Hi Shawn

Thanks for the feedback, I have discovered something
just recently, on short zone files, ie zone files that
do not contain more than just a WWW A record, the W2K
seems to be able to an AXFR from the Bind Server not
only on creation, but also to fetch new info and keep
itself updated from the Master.

It seems that the larger zone files simply cannot AXFR
for updated info, yet they can (as I said) do the AXFR
upon creation of the zone on W2K, and there is no
difference in syntax or anything else between the smaller
or larger zone files.

I will keep trying different things and hopefully we can
resolve these problems.

Regards
Mitch