CNAME and Round Robin

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Tue Nov 14 16:15:54 UTC 2000

Igmar et al,

I still have difficulties grasping *why* SSL works with
RR on CNAMES, and not with RR on A records. What is it that
SSL does that is different from a normal web-connection?

(I know about proxies having problems with SSL, but that is
not an DNS issue IMHO, and might be solved by now for all I know).

If someone could try this out using a sniffer or similar and
describe exactly what the difference is, maybe it will be easier
to understand.

And no, I don't think RR on CNAMES will happen any time soon, as
multiple CNAMES for the same label are bad and have been taken out
of BIND in the latest version.

regards
mathias

<Pine.LNX.4.21.0011141445410.6202-100000 at server.serve.me.nl>,