CNAME and Round Robin

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Nov 15 02:19:00 UTC 2000

		Two comments here.

	1) An SSL client shouldn't need to look up an IP address again once it has
it.
  It should continue to use the same IP address for the duration of the
session.
  If it's not doing that then the client is broken (not to mention making
poor use
  of Internet Resources).

	2) A properly set up SSL server complex should be able to figure out what
  the SSL endpoint of the SSL tunnel is and pass on the packets to that
  endpoint.  This is not simple to implement but is doable.  You basically
pass
  the IP information to several indentical servers which tracks clients and
server
  endpoints and points the receiving front-end server to the tunnel endpoint.
  It's more complicated than that, of course, but you get the general idea.

			Danny