Help!:2nd Please let me know How to use forward and fowarders.

ynishimura at home.nimc.go.jp ynishimura at home.nimc.go.jp
Wed Nov 15 08:40:57 UTC 2000

Dear sirs

The following is our network.
There is a private nework in our big network.
The private network has PCUNX-Natrouter as gateway to big network.
The big network has FireWallOne as gateway to Internet.

Those two gateways have  Bind8.2.2pl5 with themselves.

1)If the users are in aist.go.jp, there is no problem.

2)If the users are in internal
The PC client's nameserver is NATrouter. It can know IP address of hosts in
private network(internal) and those in Internet.
But,  It often cannnot know IP address of hosts in aist.go.jp.

I  put Lananalyzer on the upper side  of  NatRouter,  that is nameserver, also.
I  found  some DNS query commands packet for aist.go.jp  go to DNS(2) but some
DNS query command packets don't go to DNS(2) to DNS Root.

And those situations change in time.

I like all of DNS query packet to go to DNS(2).

Does anyone know the reason of my troubles?

                                                                     LAN
Analyzer

> Domainname                              aist.go.jp            |
internal
>                        1)                       150.29.xx.xx      |    3)
192.168.0.xx