Upgrading BIND to 8.2.2 p7

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Wed Nov 15 10:51:44 UTC 2000

> To start the named at the startup do I need following both linses in =
the
> inetd.conf or one is enough?
>=20
> name    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/in.named      =
in.named=20
> name    stream  tcp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/in.named      =
in.named=20

Neither, I'd say. Starting named from inetd is counter-producive, unless
you really need it every few hours or so (unlikely).

named should be started from /etc/rc.d/rc2.d (using a proper startup =
file),
or from /etc/inittab (although some here consider that an abomination =
:-)

I'm not too familiar with recent Solarises to give you the exact file
to put it in though. Hope someone else can help with that.

mathias