Does named use multithreading?

Kathy Musson kmusson at cenus.com
Thu Nov 16 17:54:24 UTC 2000

Hi -

I am trying to understand how named handles multiple
simultaneous requests.  Does it handle each request
sequentially, or does it fork threads to handle each request
somewhat simultaneously?  It seems like it should have to
do some sort of multithreading to be able to handle a large
volume of requests...

I have searched the mailing list archives and have not
been able to find the answer to my question...I'm hoping
someone out there has a good understanding of the design
and implementation of BIND and can answer this for me.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Kathy