No Rootserver vs too much traffic

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Nov 20 23:48:15 UTC 2000

It's certainly a plausible theory, if you're speaking of an internal root=
 zone
(the Internet root zone NS'es have 6-day TTL's so for an Internet-connect=
ed
server you wouldn't be seeing this problem after only 2 days).

Assuming, then, that you're speaking of an internal root zone, one possib=
le
solution is to make your nameserver a slave of the root zone. This should
allow it to better "weather the storms" (=FCberstehen) of high congestion.

- Kevin