AA record missing = mails rejected

Quadri, Jay Jay.Quadri at gmk.cwplc.com
Tue Nov 21 10:11:47 UTC 2000

Thanks Kevin, Mark & and my American colleague Manny found that there was a
CNAME and an MX record pointing to janus.cwplc.com, I had sent them the full
zone file in another mail. I removed the CNAME below and vuala! demon(ISP)
now accepts mails from us, demon(ISP) must be doing a reverse lookup before
accepting mails from any SMTP relay.  I think the aa flat bit means SOA for
a name.  Funny, that other Internet mail servers accepted mails from us
eventhough there was a syntax error in the zone file. The problem had been
there before my time here.  The aa flat bit is now set.  Thanks again.

 smtp.cwplc.com.			IN CNAME	janus.cwplc.com.
 smtp.cwplc.com.				MX    100  janus.cwplc.com.
 smtp.cwplc.com.				MX    200  relay.cwplc.com

By the way, the URL in my previous mail was put their by my mail client.
my Outlook mail client changes a single domain to 2 domains.  I have since
changed my options to send all mails in text format as oppose to html.