Some DNS not seeing our mail server!?!

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Nov 21 22:47:14 UTC 2000

Sean C. Murphy wrote:

> With all due respect to the 2 respondents who were kind enough to take the time
> (Mathias and Mark), to posit a *theory* about how such a condition should occur
> would not require the specific domain and Name Server specifics. I certainly do
> appreciate you taking the time, but to suggest that I presume that group members
> are "mind readers" is perhaps a bit disingenuous.

Do you want theories as an academic exercise or do you want a solution to your
problem? In the context of DNS, theories usually take more time and effort to
compose, because oftentimes a particular symptom can be explained by multiple
theories. So if what you really want is a solution, why waste everyone's resources
with this whole "theory" stage?