Some DNS not seeing our mail server!?!

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Wed Nov 22 00:59:42 UTC 2000

On 21 Nov 2000 07:59:13 -0800, "Sean C. Murphy"
<Sean_member at newsguy.com> wrote:

>With all due respect to the 2 respondents who were kind enough to take the time
>(Mathias and Mark), to posit a *theory* about how such a condition should occur
>would not require the specific domain and Name Server specifics. I certainly do

No it would not, but it would lead us down the lane of speculation,
esp since some facts and interrelations etc might get missed and thus
lead to an ever-growing tree of possibles: If this, then this but if
also that also this or that but not ... you get the idea.
It simply takes too much valuable time trying to work out such an
unknown problems, people are not very interested in hypothetical
problems etc etc.

By giving the basic facts and the domainname, people have something
specific to test, can actually verify contributing information
(like look up your zone from here, check the delegation etc).

>appreciate you taking the time, but to suggest that I presume that group members
>are "mind readers" is perhaps a bit disingenuous.
Sure it is, but it is a humourous way of asking you to add more
information to your request.

>In the event that I've not worn-out my welcome here, the following are the
>details of the players:
Ittakes a lot to wear out your welcome here, but the quality of
answers usually depends on how interesting your problem is, how
well it is described and documented.

I have seen others have already replied to the below (which I haven't
read detail yet), so I'll end this msg here. If anything needs to be
aded to the other answers I'll post separately.

Mathias

>  Domain:  LiveSkySolutions.com
>  mail:    Linux sendmail, mail.LiveSkySolutions.com (64.55.30.228)

[..snip..]