TLD Zone File Access Query

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Nov 27 17:36:21 UTC 2000

Parag Mehta wrote:

> Hi
>
> can anyone help me on how do i go about implementing TLD Zone files which one gets from the TLD Zone File Progem of nsiregistry now named as Verisign Global registry.

What is it exactly that you want to "implement"? You don't need those huge files if all you want to do is resolve Internet names, or to serve certain domains, or some
combination of the two. I think the only legitimate use of those files is for folks who want to do phonetic or typographical analysis for the purpose of detecting
potential trademark infringements (and it's arguable in some quarters whether even *this* is legitimate, given the fluid state of Intellectual Property law as it applies
to domain names).