I having what I assume to be is a common problem, but I can't quite find a solution for it. I can't locate domain my domain.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Nov 28 00:21:07 UTC 2000

Apparently there is no SOA record for esasim.csd.uwo.ca. Should there be? What
is the relevant zone structure here, and what do the relevant named.conf and
zone file(s) look like?

The reason that nslookup is "resetting" your server is because apparently
129.100.abc.def reverse-resolves back to "bender.homer.csd.uwo.ca". But as
long as "bender.homer.csd.uwo.ca" and "bender.esasim.csd.uwo.ca" resolve to
the same IP address, it's purely a cosmetic difference which of those two
names appears in the Server: line.

By the way, nslookup sucks. Use "dig" instead. If you insist on using
nslookup, at least turn on debug so that we can see what it's actually doing.

- Kevin