Very newbie question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Nov 30 22:49:28 UTC 2000

You should be able to do this with BIND 9's "view" mechanism. You'd have one "internal" view which would only be accessible to internal clients, and an "external" view for external clients. Each view would
have the "mysite.com" zone defined in it, but loaded from different zone files containing different data. You'd point www.mysite.com to 192.168.1.101 in the "internal" mysite.com zonefile, and to the public
address in the "external" mysite.com zonefile.

Unfortunately, BIND 9 is still relatively new. I don't know if there are any HOWTO's or cookbooks on how to implement this yet.

                                                                                                                                                                - Kevin