named-xfer

raed al-tamim raed at promptu.com
Wed Oct 4 01:00:43 UTC 2000

I recently switched my DNS primary to be a secondary and my secondary to

be a primary.  The thing that happened is my current secondary started
to time out on all named-xfer requests, if I look on the secondary
server, the command that the server is using to do a transfer is:

named-xfer -z xxxxx.com -f db.yyyyy -s 2000100200 -C 1 -P 53 yy.yy.yy.yy

If I do a debugging named-transfer with the command:

named-xfer -z xxxxx.com -f db.yyyyy -s 2000100200 -d 2 yy.yy.yy.yy

it works fine all the time.  As you see the only difference is that I am

not using the -C or -P options.  When I look at the man pages I can't
see that -C is a valid option for named-xfer, but I don't know from
where the secondary server is coming up with it.  Does anyone have any
idea
what is going on? or how can I fix it?

I do appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Raed Al-Tamim

--
Raed Al-Tamim                          Promptu Corporation
Senior Systems Administrator      www.promptu.com

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: raed.vcf
-- Desc: Card for Raed Al-Tamim