NSLookups Via Web?

Gerald Waugh gerald at waugh.com
Wed Oct 4 08:05:26 UTC 2000

 "Joseph S D Yao" <jsdy at cospo.osis.gov> wrote

> There are several.  One I know is
> My mother showed me this one!  ;-)  Look in the archives for others.
>
> Reverse lookups are lookups.  If you can do lookups, you can do reverse
> lookups.

frontstreetnetworks.net 216.175.178.41  nameserver fsn1.frontstreetnetworks.net
and
frontstreetnetworks.com 216.175.178.46 nameserver fsn2.frontstreetnetworks.com
I am back again, I still have problems with reverse, so I tried the site that
you recommended and this is the result. Where am I going wrong? 'dig' seems to
find them, on my local network the workstations cannot find these servers.

*** mail2.his.com can't find 216.175.178.41: Server failed
Server:  mail2.his.com
Address:  205.177.25.9