Multiple domain defs into a single BIND instance

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Wed Oct 4 15:29:32 UTC 2000

No problems with that. How do you think large sites run
several thousands of zones on the same servers?

You have an old version of BIND though (BIND-4). While you
are still small, you might want to upgrade to BIND-8.2.2p5
(www.isc.org). Note that BIND-8 has a much more complex
but also more flexible configuration file (named.conf instead
of named.boot) and is much better than BIND-4.

There is a lot of documentation on www.isc.org too for BIND-8.

regards