Win2k DNS/DHCP

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Fri Oct 6 14:26:51 UTC 2000

I saw a number of postings yesterday regarding Win2k.  There has been
a discussion of Win2k and DDNS on this list since September 1999,
when I subscribed.  There probably was discussion before then.
I suggest that people with questions look at the archives

     http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/bind-users/

and search for these keywords - "W2k" Win2k" Windows 2000".  I have
saved the W2k- and DDNS-related postings in a file on my Unix
desktop workstation; that file currently has over 18,000 lines.
Instructions for disabling W2k Workstation self-registration have been
posted at least three times, I believe.  Issues regarding which zones
to place on a MS DNS have also been discussed.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov