Forwarding queries from a private network

Adrian Stovall AdrianS at pfk.com
Fri Oct 6 19:23:11 UTC 2000

	Would you have ben equally upset if he had said "...but this seems
like greek to me..."?
	I would not presume that he meant anything other than "it is written
in a way that I cannot comprehend...".
	The euphemism is old, although the word he used ("arab", in this
case), should have been written "arabic" to convey the proper sentiment,
i.e. that it was a comprehension problem due to language that he could not
decipher.
	Even highly educated people can occasionally have trouble
communicating effectively.