DDNS with Split View DNS(Bind 9 feature)

Robbie Stone robbie at serendipity.palo-alto.ca.us
Tue Oct 10 16:12:36 UTC 2000

Barry Finkel wrote:

Barry,

	With dynamically assigned Win2k clients it is unrealistic to believe
that manual zone updates are possible. It is simply NOT possible to redo
the forward and reverse DNS for each machine when it grabs a new IP from
the DHCP server. The DNS *must* be correct for proper operation of the
active directory, so I'm sort of stuck. I really don't like the
inability to go in and move stuff around myself, but It needs to work
first, right?

Robbie

--
Robbie Stone