sysquery: findns error (NXDOMAIN)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Oct 12 00:27:56 UTC 2000

You forgot to put a period on the end of the "ns1.freestates.net" A record in
your zonefile, so it was interpreted by named as an A record for
"ns1.freestates.net.freestates.net".

Either dot-terminate it, or just use the relative form, i.e.

ns1    in    a    64.232.6.186

The same problem also applies to ns2.

By the way, if ns1.centralinfo.net and ns2.centralinfo.net are slaves for
freestates.net, why aren't you listing them in the NS records for the zone?

- Kevin