error messages

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Oct 12 18:44:57 UTC 2000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:02:57PM -0400, Todd M. Spahr wrote:

> I am getting a messages recently on my secondary DNS servers.  I was
> wondering if someone could help me in diciphering it.
>
> Err/TO getting serial# for "10.168.192.IN-ADDR.ARPA"
>
> I am getting this when it tries to update from the primary DNS server.

I believe this has been discussed before.  ISTM that the problem was,
your master server may be having errors when it loads the zone, and so
it doesn't see itself as authoritative.  Check the 'syslogd' output
when the 'named' starts up, or when it re-loads the zone.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B