res_send gives ECONNREFUSED on HP

Hetal Rach hetalrach at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 10:54:03 UTC 2000

Hi bind-users,

I have a bind 8 nameserver running on a RedHat 6.2,
and i am
using bind API's to dynamically update the dns
entries. When run
from a solaris box, the program works fine, but when
run from an
HP box, res_send gives me ECONNREFUSED.
What I understnad from above is that res_send is
telling me that
the name server is not running on the remote host. But
nslookup
command works perfectly fine from the same box.

ANy help regarding why this mught be occuring ?? or is
there some
HP specific stuff that i'm missing out ??

I'm using HPUX 11.0 on D Class machines.

TIA,
hetal