any ideas why some would be doing this

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Oct 14 01:39:00 UTC 2000

		I would strongly urge that you contact the owners of those networks and
  have them take action.  It is unlikely that the owners themselves are
responsible
  for this, but they could find out at least what's going on.  Publicity or
legal action
  that could follow should be enough to persuade them that it's bad for
their business.
  As a last resort, you could also set up filters on your routers to deny
them access at
  all, at the risk of their finding a different route.

				Danny