named log stops recording.

Roberto roberto at jpcltd.co.jp
Mon Oct 16 00:35:01 UTC 2000

Hello.

At first, thank you for answering my question.

I think The problem occurs when the logs are rotated.
Usually the previous day log file appears as named.log.1 but its size is
only about 50-70 kilobytes, and the new named.log keeps on 0 kilobytes.
If I do not restart the server the rotation appears to continue once per
day but the new named.log files have 0 kilobytes.

Thanks a lot.

Roberto.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:26:51 +0200 (CEST)
Igmar Palsenberg <maillist at chello.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Roberto wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a dns server running under RH6.2 and I am having trouble with the
> > log file which stops the logging after one or two days.
> > To restart the logging I must restart the server which is not good.
> > The /etc/boot.conf looks like:
> >
> > options {
> > 	directory "/var/named";
> > };
> > logging {
> > 	channel local_log {
> > 		file "/var/log/named.log" versions 2 size 1M;
>
> Because it exceeds the 1M limit ??
>

> 	Igmar

    Roberto Colqui               | コルキ ロベルト
    Japan Personal Computer Ltd. | 日本パーソナルコンピューター(株)