nslookup works, dig and host don't

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Thu Oct 19 15:13:06 UTC 2000

Hi there,

I tried it from my site and I get timeouts also when using
nslookup. I think your NAT might not be working correctly,
or perhaps there is something wrong with the outgoing traffic
(as you seem to be seeing the queries on the inside network).

# nslookup
Default Server:  matjes
Address:  0.0.0.0

> server is1.blocksberg.com
Default Server:  is1.blocksberg.com
Address:  195.179.0.28

> set q=3Dany
> blocksberg.com
Server:  is1.blocksberg.com
Address:  195.179.0.28

*** is1.blocksberg.com can't find blocksberg.com: No response from =
server

Maybe you did not tell your nslookup to use is1.blocksberg.com
as server and it used the outside system's default server?

regards
=20