Problem with reverse lookups...

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Oct 20 22:02:50 UTC 2000

This is a very confusing configuration. Why do you need all of these "list" files and $INCLUDEs all over the place?

Looks to me like named is expecting to load the reverse zone from a file called "named.group1.rev", but you've put everything into a file called "named.xerox.rev". How do you expect named to find it? And you say you've been
able to get some reverse lookups to work by putting entries into a "named.rev" file, but that file isn't mentioned anywhere in the named.conf you show.

I would recommend one file per master zone, with a consistent naming convention. Much less confusing that way.

                                                                                                                                                    - Kevin